Ph.D. Syracuse University iSchool, 2019-2022 (expected)
Information Science and Technology
2017-2019 Temple University, Lew Klein College of Media and Communication (transfer)
M.A. University of Chicago, 2014 - 2015
Master of Arts Program in the Social Sciences (MAPSS)
Concentrations: Medical Sociology
B.A. Bilkent University, 2009 - 2012
Bachelor of Arts Program in Communications and Design
Concentration: Journalism/Media Studies
Borders, Boundaries, Walls Symposium, Center for the Humanities at Temple (CHAT), April 11, 2019, Temple University. Presentation on collaborative project: "Social Media Debates about the Trump Wall". (Webscraping working group with fellow researchers Dr. Alex Wermer-Colan, Jeff Antsen, Nicole Lemire-Garlic).
iConference 2019, 14th Annual Convention, March 31 - April 3, 2019, Washington, DC. Paper titled: “Spread and Mutation of Science Misinformation”.
Temple Graduate Research Forum, March 29, 2019, Philadelphia, PA. Papers titled: "Shining Light on the “Middle Man“: A Review of Health Related Press Releases" (co-authored with Dr. Jessica Castonguay, and Nicole M. Henninger) and "Changing the News at The New York Times: a NewsDiffs and DiffEngine Analysis".
National Communication Association (NCA) 104th Annual Convention, November 08 - 11, 2018, Salt Lake City, UT. Paper titled: "Blurred Boundaries: Fake News Discussion and Conflict in Journalism" (co-author with Connor Phillips).
DSC/CHAT Digital Research Lightning Rounds, 4/18/2018, Philadelphia, PA. Presentation titled: “Citing Misinformation- A life cycle Case Study”.
Temple Graduate Research Forum, April 13, 2018, Philadelphia, PA. Paper titled: "Why does it seem like everything causes cancer?" / Gatekeeping and Institutions Division.
Korsunska, A. (2019). The Spread and Mutation of Science Misinformation. In N. G. Taylor, C. Christian-Lamb, M. H. Martin, & B. Nardi (Eds.), Information in Contemporary Society (pp. 162–169). Cham: Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15742-5_15
Digital Scholar Temple University, Digital Scholarship Center, 09/2017 - current
- Selected for participation in the Digital Scholarship Program and awarded research stipend to pursue work in the digital methods field 09/2017-06/2018
- Starting from 09/2018 employed as a Graduate Assistant, providing support for digital scholarship projects, such as textual analysis, GIS and network analysis and visualization technologies.
- Active member of web-scraping working group, pursuing an interdisciplinary project with a variety of digital research methods, such as Youtube recommendation algorithm analysis, comment scraping and network analysis.
Medical Editor Discovery USA, 04/2016-09/2017
- Analyzed and reviewed scientific articles used in the creation of healthcare marketing materials such as conference presentation material, pharmaceutical advertisements, health outreach initiatives, health-related educational apps, brochures, games, and videos.
- Was responsible for maintaining scientific accuracy and consistency of claims and research references within and between projects.
Medical Device User Experience Researcher GfK, 01/2016 – 04/2016
- Conducted usability/user experience studies for various medical devices prior to their submission for FDA approval, we well as website and app usability design.
Research Assistant NORC at the University of Chicago, 09/2015 – 01/2016
- Worked on the Survey of Doctorate Recipients (SDR), funded by the NSF and NIH, and identified multiple advanced locating techniques to verify identity and education information of sample members to help hit the required response rate.
R (intermediate), Python(basic), Gephi (intermediate), Youtube web-scraping tools, Twitter Image web-scraping tools, Adobe Photoshop (intermediate); Final Cut Pro (advanced); InDesign; InVision; Basic HTML;
Sigma Xi Scientific Honor Society
Association of Internet Researchers (AOIR)
Ukrainian – native / Russian – native / English – fluent / Turkish – beginner / Spanish – beginner
- Teaching in Higher Education Certificate, Center for the Advancement of Teaching (CHAT), Spring 2018
- Graduate Student Association (GSA) Vice-President, 08/2018 - Present
- Temple University Digital Scholarship Program (program participation, research advising and funding)
- Temple University, PhD full funding and stipend, 2017- Present
- University of Chicago, one third tuition scholarship, 2014-2015
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA), 06-07/2013, International House Kyiv, Issued by University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES)
- Bilkent University, Diploma with High Honor, full tuition scholarship, 2009-2012
- Financial Lyceum of Kyiv, High Honors Diploma and Golden Medal of Academic Excellence, 2008